- Waiting for Superman -- She debunks it detail by detail, and gives herself credit for preventing it getting an Oscar nomination.
- Poverty and how it affects education in America.
- Charter schools and how they are not better than regular public schools. Charters have become a stand-in for vouchers.
- The corporate reform movement demoralizes teachers and is doing "incalculable damage to public education."
- The status quo. She reminds us that she is NOT defending the "status quo." But she says schools should not be "reformed" by non-educators. The status quo is defined by No Child Left Behind.
- Schools for poor kids. What kind of school should we have for poor kids? We should have the "same kinds of school that's available for rich kids."
- Race to the Top. Closing schools is not a school improvement strategy.
- Voucher schools. She reports that "voucher schools" did not improve education in Milwaukee.
Click below to join others in helping to save public education in America. Tell corporate America, tell politicians: Enough is Enough!